Working 4 days a week means I do not usually wear makeup on a daily basis, as working in fast food leaves you very greasy!!! Away from this however, I thought I’d share my go to everyday makeup look and products if I’m just popping out and about shopping etc. I wear more full coverage makeup on a night out/special occasion etc and add more steps like eyeshadow and false eyelashes, so let me know if you’d like to see a full glam version!
Below is my starting face! I have a couple of big breakouts as my skin is not loving life at the moment, and I have always had dark under eye circles even though I do get plenty of sleep, so any tips for that will be appreciated!
- Moisturiser – Used every day without fail, ensures I am giving my face the moisture it needs to keep it hydrated as my skin is a bit all over the place at the moment! This is the Simple light replenishing moisturiser, it’s the best moisturiser I have tried and it only costs around £2
2. Primer – I use the Becca Backlight Filter primer to give my skin a radiant glow all over, and it can be seen after all the other products are put on my face. I love how healthy it makes my skin look!
3. Eyebrows – First, I use the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomeade in ‘blonde’ to shape and fill in my eyebrows. Then, I carve out my brows with a concealer (I just use my £4 Collection one) and a small concealer brush, and this helps to emphasise and define your eyebrows – such a game changer !!! After, I use a clear eyebrow gel to stick the hairs in place, and to make them look more natural so you can still see my actual eyebrow hairs
4. Concealer – I use the Winky Lux under eye concealer in ‘light beige’ under my eyes as it is one of the best lightweight and easily blendable concealers I have used (Using my sample from my Birchbox). Then I go over any blemishes and over the top of my under eye concealer with Revolution’s Conceal and Define concealer to slightly highlight my under eye area.
5. Bronzer – I use a the Kiko full coverage bronzer to bronze my forehead, temples and cheeks to give me an overall bronzed look and to give my face colour!
6. Blush – I add a light dusting of blush on the apples of my cheeks to also add colour back into my face and to make my complexion look healthy. The blush I am using is the Beautaniq Beauty bloom blush in Darling Dahlia.
7. Mascara – I always curl my lashes for 30 seconds before mascara application to make my eye lashes look as curled as possible! I switch between Benefit mascaras – today I am using the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara. Let me know of cheaper alternatives as £20+ for a Mascara isn’t cheap as a uni student!
8. Eyeliner – I sometimes add a white/nude eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger and more awake!
9. Highlighter – Adding more glow to my face, but this time only to the high points of my face where light hits, so my nose bridge and tip, cupids bow, top of my cheeks! This is the Urban Decay highlighter in ‘Sin’ which I have been using for a good 4 years!
10. Setting spray – To finish, I use a Mac setting spray to lock in my makeup (and a lot of it)!
Before versus after! I’m now ready for the day (once I’m out of my pyjamas that is!)
Let me know if you use any of these products too or if you have any recommendations for me!
“I believe all women are pretty without makeup – but with the right makeup can we pretty powerful”Bobbi Brown