Reading isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and in my generation I think it is uncommon to find people who enjoy reading and read on a regular basis! I have personally enjoyed reading all my life, and growing up I would always prefer books over everything. My challenge to you, is that is you hate reading or have never finished a book in your life, is to find a book you may be interested in and read it, and let me know what you think! If you love books like me, keep on reading and sharing your book recommendations!
Here are just a few of my book recommendations – let me know yours (All prices below are from Amazon):
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (RRP £3.99) – An insightful autobiography recollecting the events of her shooting; an inspiration read of the Pakistani education activist.
- Harry Potter collection by J.K Rowling (RRP £4.50) – A series of fantasy novels surrounding the wizarding world, which I will continue to read for the rest of my life!!
- Me Before You trilogy by Jojo Moyes (RRP £5.99) – An incredible love story of an ordinary woman; a book which I could not put down, and I did cry.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (RRP £1.69) – A historical novel based in World War II Nazi Germany surrounding the life of a young orphan and their love for books.
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald (RRP £2.50) – Based in 1922 New York, a man on the search the ‘American Dream’, in which the paths he takes leads him to wealth, love, and death.
- Maus by Art Spiegelman (RRP £11.99) – A graphic novel depicting his father’s interview of his experience’s of being a Polish Jew and Holocaust survivor.
- Cleverlands by Lucy Crehan (RRP £7.99) – A teacher’s dream! The exploration of the five highest performing education systems; Finland, Japan, Singapore, Shanghai and Canada.
“The more that you read, the more things that you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go”Dr. Seuss