Admittingly the advice I can give surrounding positivity is easier said than done – amongst this global pandemic I have suffered some good and bad days which are completely normal, happy and sad days, relaxed and agitated days. I would like to share some of the things I did to get myself feeling back to normal:
- Focus on yourself – Make sure everything you do makes you happy and feel good about yourself. Also be kind to yourself – acknowledge and accept there are always going to be good and bad days and try not to fight it. Surround yourself with people and things that make you laugh and feel good.
- Stay connected with friends and family and people who bring positivity only !!
- Develop a new routine at home – keeping yourself busy is key! Even if that means binge-watching Netflix.
- Taking time away from social media (Always negative news coverage) and spending that time going for a walk, a run, a drive to clear your mind and rethink into a more positive state. For me, going on a long countryside drive listening and singing to my favourite songs works for me the best!
- Prioritise your sleep – I automatically feel done with the day if I haven’t slept properly.
- Embrace the extra time to do things you have never done before/work on the things that you need to work on.
- Remind yourself of happy times – think positively when faced with negativity.
- Try and be more considerate of others and have more of an open mind as people may be dealing with things in a different way to you. Reach out to friends and family where necessary.
- Reward yourself – Order a takeaway, have a film day where nothing else happens, have a nice long bath and put on a face mask – we all deserve to be relaxed.
“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome”William James